July 1, 2009

Today is the one year anniversary of Grandma's death. Tori had been wanting to go to Tybee and since Grandma is the one who made it happen for the first time it was fitting that we go on the anniversary of her parting from us. We had originally planned to go in the evening however the tides were not right for us so we packed up the car and went in the morning time. We arrived at Tybee around 11 am and went on the beach. Papa and Tori immediately went in the water while I got the blanket and bags settled for a spot. I then joined them. We stayed at the beach for about 3 hours. Needless to say Tori and I got burnt! I didn't feel the pain until 2 days later.
We met some new friends Laney and Jeremy (I hope I spelt their names correctly!) and their mother Aimee and their Aunt Wendy. Laney, Jeremy, Victoria and I played in the water. We also tried to make a sand castle. We stayed until 1:40 pm and then we left.





No comments: